AGV continues renewing its range with innovative products designed using AGV Extreme Standards technology. This time it's the K-5, the new AGV point of reference for sports use but now with much more comfort. The shell is made of fibreglass and carbon fibre and guarantees resistance and lightness while the lines are aerodynamic and streamlined in true AGV style. A perfect fit and easily operated inner visor ensure complete rider comfort. Size is minimised thanks to design studies carried out on racing helmets and the integrated rear spoiler provides excellent stability even at high speed.
The K-5 is now the new point of reference in the SPORT-TOURING sector.
- The external shell is made of fibreglass and carbon fibre.
- The shell is available in 2 sizes. The inner EPS are available in 4 sizes. Each size has 4 different densities, to always guarantee the best safety-lightness ratio, and optimum comfort for each size.
- Dimensions of outer shell and EPS optimized using FEM (Finite Elements Method) analysis
- The IVS (Integrated Ventilation System), designed using CFD analysis, features ducts hollowed into the shell for improved air circulation inside the helmet and better aerodynamic efficiency. The use of two front side air intakes, together with another large central air intake, integrated in the shell profile, ensures a consistent flow of fresh air inside the helmet. The back extractors remove the hot moist air inside the helmet, and are fitted with a new ON/OFF system, developed in the wind tunnel, for optimum ventilation. Ventilation system: One air intake IVS
- Rear spoiler integrated in the outer shell’s profile
- The inner liners can be removed and washed and are made from a sanitised Dry-Comfort fabric to prevent the formation of bacteria and the onset of allergies. This fabric contributes to the rapid dispersal of dampness from the skin, the absorption of excess sweat and ensures the rider stays fresh even over long periods of time.
- Removable lining, breath deflector, neck roll, and chin curtain
- The visor opening and closing mechanism has a XQRS system, for quick removal without using tools.
- There is also a new patented micro-opening system, easily operated using a button on the chin guard. This system gives the possibility of locking the visor in the slightly open position, for increased ventilation.
- Depending on the size, K-5 offers two types of visors: GT 2.1 for sizes XS, S, MS and GT 2 for sizes ML, L, XL, XXL. This guarantees perfect adhesion with the shell at all times, to avoid draughts and noise. For this purpose, the visors are also fitted with the new visor edging, which further improves seal and insulation. Visors are treated to prevent scratching and misting, and 100% UV-ray protection is also guaranteed.
- K-5 also comes with an internal scratch-resistant, tinted sun visor, which can be removed for cleaning and replacing without using tools.
- Chin strap with a metal double D-ring retention system
- AGV SHARE communication system ready
- DOT and ECE22.05 certified